Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Just the little things

So tomorrow is a BIG day for us at the Southern home.  School will be starting and I will be over joyous. Seriously people.  I love my kids.  I love them and would do anything for them.  But this summer has been hard.  With Seth working 80+ hours a week and then being gone for a week to scout camp does NOT help in anyway.  It has been a hard summer.  We did ONE camp out and we were hoping for a lot more.  I hope we can squeeze in maybe 2 before the cold sets in.  Maybe we will go to southern Utah in October.  Just for one last hurrah.  We will see.

I am seeing another specialist for my shoulder and I am hoping he can finially fix me.  I love Dr. Mitchell Larsen in Provo.  He's been nothing but great.  But it's starting to hurt so much that I can't even open doors, close things, push things or even hold a baby without it just killing me.  There is also the fact that I am not loosing weight with even sleep.  Yes I know its early in the morning right now.  But I have been sleeping better.  I do go to the gym when I can and when I do it's kind of a funny site.  Because I am swimming with one arm.  And sometimes I feel like I am not doing well.  But then I get nice comments from swimmers that are saying "Wow you even beat me with one arm.  You're pretty good."  I smile and go on my way.  It's not the speed, or how amazing your body looks but the way you swim.  Yeah it's all thanks to my swim coach in high school who taught me that.

I am thinking of starting a tradition. So we will have a back to school dinner on Sunday along with a message and theme for the year.  (yes just like Stephanie N.)   I think it's great.  I am going to do it on the Armor of God.  That will be the Theme.  Especially with Ethan going into middle school.  I really think he will need it.
He has gone and done baptisms for the dead twice so far.  And I think he is going either this Saturday or Next Saturday to the temple to do some family names.  Which reminds me that I need to talk to my mom and get some names for him.   He says he loves going and that he feels that he is making a difference.  Which in my heart is great.  He is also getting ready for a blessing which I hope will be something that will be a guide and map for him to see how amazing he really is.

Logan isn't to thrilled about school or even anything.  We are trying to get him to stay for ALL of church.  He will go to sacrament and then to class but when it is time to go into the sunday school he doesn't want to go "sing and be happy"  Those were his words.  So he is in his room for an hour till we get home then he is back into his room for another hour for not staying.  He gets mad but I don't know what else to do.

Truman is thrilled about school because ALL of his friends are in his class.  And he is so excited.  Seth is his best friends name and they both are in a special program the school offers for those who excelled in some of the portions of school.  So they get to go to their own little class with a teacher that will teach them above their grade levels to allow them to grow more.  Which I think is amazing.

Dannan is scared.  She is not only going full day.  But she is also going to be learning Portuguese.  So half the day she will be speaking Portuguese and the other half in English.  I told he that if she didn't like it that I would take her out next year.  BUT she has to give it a good year to see if she really likes it or not.  So we will see how she takes to it.  She has Lilli a friend who she adores and Jenni from last years class.  So I hope that will be a thing to keep her in it.  

Seth is still alive.  And working a ton.  I hope that Tomorrow will be the end for a while.  At least for a long while. Sometimes I feel like going  up to the CEO of the company and saying "Hey you know since my hubs doesn't get paid overtime and that he didn't get to do anything with his family this summer.  You can send us on an all expense paid trip to Disney Land for a week with a week pass."  Yeah that is all.  I mean I just want to spend time as a family.  Or at least me.  I am selfish and I like my husband.

Well I guess that is all.  I hope to blog tomorrow and post pictures of the kids on their first day of school.  AHHHHHHH  SCHOOL! 

No comments: