So I have had a lot on my plate. Sleep isn't so "sweet" anymore and this new medication I'm on... Yeah were fighting.
But not going to go there. Just because the last few post were. Whoa is me. My life sucks. I have no one to love me wah wah wah. I sound like such a baby. Seriously I was like "Holy Crow Karla. What is wrong with you."
Anyways. The thing that is "a lot on my plate" is my mom, Rana and I have been getting ready to celebrate my Grandmothers 80th Birthday. That's right peeps. I have an 80 year young grandmother. And this party is going to be beautiful, elegant and fun. Easter egg hunt, good food and great uncles and aunts. Yeah we Tomkinson's really know how to live long. And for that matter my Grandparents on my moms side well... my mom's dad's mother lived till I was 17... or so. But still that is a long time to be alive.
I got to make two of the three cakes. I am totally stoked to see them all done up and on their stand. Seriously people I am really excited. One of the cakes is a new one that I made up. It's so nummy... well so Im told by many people.
My Grandparents (rusch) call it Pig cake. Some call it dump cake. But I call it Tropical total awesome cake. LOL man I just crack myself up.
Anyways if you want to try it here is the recipe.
A Tropical pig dump cake. *bwahahahahahahha*
1 box of yellow cake
1 can of Crushed pineapple
1 can of madarin oranges
2 cups of cream
1 tsp of vanilla flavoring
2 tsp of coconut flavoring
3 tbs sugar
3 eggs
1/2 c. oil
1/2 c. of unsweetened coconut shavings
Take the pineapple, and oranges together and strain them. But save the juice. You will use the juice as "water" in the recipe.
Then make the cake according to the box. Hence the 3 eggs, 1/2c. oil and here is where you use the juice. use 1 c. of the mixed syurp/juice mix and add into cake. add in 1 cup of the pineapple and madarin oranges. Also add 1 of the 2 tsp of coconut flavoring. mix well and place into pans. (It doesn't rise like regular cake. It is very dense so you could fill it to 3/4 of the way up on the baking dish of choice)
Bake for 20-30 min at 350
Wait for the cake to be completely cooled.
now to make the filling/ frosting (depending if you want frosting on it or not)
take the
Coconut flavoring, vanilla flavoring, 2 cups of cream and 3 Tbs of sugar. Beat on high with whisk and whisk till almost stiff. Then add in the remainder of the pineapple and madarin oranges and coconut and whisk it in. Then mix well.
Place ontop of and let it set in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving. My friends swear its so good! I have to take their word on that one.
There.... lets see. I am really excited. I guess that is all. LOL you get a brief look and a recipe. Have a happy Easter and remember Our Savoir lives and loves us. Let us think of what he has done for us this Holy Weekend.
:D
But not going to go there. Just because the last few post were. Whoa is me. My life sucks. I have no one to love me wah wah wah. I sound like such a baby. Seriously I was like "Holy Crow Karla. What is wrong with you."
Anyways. The thing that is "a lot on my plate" is my mom, Rana and I have been getting ready to celebrate my Grandmothers 80th Birthday. That's right peeps. I have an 80 year young grandmother. And this party is going to be beautiful, elegant and fun. Easter egg hunt, good food and great uncles and aunts. Yeah we Tomkinson's really know how to live long. And for that matter my Grandparents on my moms side well... my mom's dad's mother lived till I was 17... or so. But still that is a long time to be alive.
I got to make two of the three cakes. I am totally stoked to see them all done up and on their stand. Seriously people I am really excited. One of the cakes is a new one that I made up. It's so nummy... well so Im told by many people.
My Grandparents (rusch) call it Pig cake. Some call it dump cake. But I call it Tropical total awesome cake. LOL man I just crack myself up.
Anyways if you want to try it here is the recipe.
A Tropical pig dump cake. *bwahahahahahahha*
1 box of yellow cake
1 can of Crushed pineapple
1 can of madarin oranges
2 cups of cream
1 tsp of vanilla flavoring
2 tsp of coconut flavoring
3 tbs sugar
3 eggs
1/2 c. oil
1/2 c. of unsweetened coconut shavings
Take the pineapple, and oranges together and strain them. But save the juice. You will use the juice as "water" in the recipe.
Then make the cake according to the box. Hence the 3 eggs, 1/2c. oil and here is where you use the juice. use 1 c. of the mixed syurp/juice mix and add into cake. add in 1 cup of the pineapple and madarin oranges. Also add 1 of the 2 tsp of coconut flavoring. mix well and place into pans. (It doesn't rise like regular cake. It is very dense so you could fill it to 3/4 of the way up on the baking dish of choice)
Bake for 20-30 min at 350
Wait for the cake to be completely cooled.
now to make the filling/ frosting (depending if you want frosting on it or not)
take the
Coconut flavoring, vanilla flavoring, 2 cups of cream and 3 Tbs of sugar. Beat on high with whisk and whisk till almost stiff. Then add in the remainder of the pineapple and madarin oranges and coconut and whisk it in. Then mix well.
Place ontop of and let it set in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving. My friends swear its so good! I have to take their word on that one.
There.... lets see. I am really excited. I guess that is all. LOL you get a brief look and a recipe. Have a happy Easter and remember Our Savoir lives and loves us. Let us think of what he has done for us this Holy Weekend.
:D
2 comments:
Happy birthday to your grandma! :)
That cake sounds yummy. I hope you have a fabulous Easter weekend!
Yay, the recipe! This is the one I tried? Just I swap out a gluten free cake mix right?
Post a Comment