Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Time Flies

Gosh and before you know it I will be have missionaries out in the field and my baby girl dating.  But that is way off, but still.  Don't you ever catch yourself thinking.  Man alive wasn't it just yesterday I was in High School,  or (insert crying) It was just yesterday that you were saying "I wuv you mom, you da best".
I just never thought time would pass so fast.  But at the same time it's great.  They can change their own clothes, and brush their own teeth.  And then you feel great full when they do ask for your help.
Today I was helping Danni with some work.  We were doing spelling and reading.  I looked at her with amazement and thought "Man. She is so smart.  And beautiful, and funny and actually quite witty."  Then I started to think about how she is just so big now.  She loves to be active and not really snuggle anymore.  She enjoys being with her brothers and daddy.  She could really care less if I was around.
Ethan is going to be 11 here soon.  And it just.......................... blows me away.  First I'm NOT old enough for an 11 year old and second.  WHERE IN THE WORLD did the time go?????
Logan was making some kind of "robot" with his Lego's and I could just see his little mind going.  He is so handsy.... well that isn't a word but he is.  LOL And in a GOOD way.  (gosh people get your minds out of the gutter... oh I guess I should too.) 
Truman is brillant. I know I'm biased.  But he really is a smart little cookie.  If you don't believe me just ask his teachers, friends and some of his family.  His brothers would beg to differ.
Man I just feel so blessed.   So I will leave you with some "witty" things my kids have said in the past few days, months, years... You know just for record sake.

Danni
Mom.  You know what my favorite color is?  It's dark red, like blood red... like REVENGE RED!  Muwahahahahhahaha (yes she did the evil laugh too)

Truman:
Mom.  You're smart right?,   So why is it when I ask you something you say "I don't know"  that means you are not as smart as me.  So that means Im smarter than you.


Danni:
Im beautiful.  Yes I am.  I am so beautiful that everyone is wanting to be me!!!!

All of my kids
Quoting the M&M commercial from the Supper Bowl.
yes they have memorized the whole thing.  NO we don't have TV.  Yes we allowed them to watch some commercials that we found funny.

Logan:
(first off we were talking about the birds and the bee's with ALL the kids. Seriously kids know A LOT more than we give them credit for.)  They said something about knowing what Sex is about.  We asked them and they just giggled.  All of them for like 10 min straight.  Then I said "well its where you take all your clothes off."  Logan shrilled and said "MOM MY BRAIN!!!!! ITS ON FIRE!!!!!"  Yes we are open, yes we tell our kids mostly everything.  And I am not ashamed.

Ethan:
Mom you are beautiful!  (Awwwwwwwwww melts my heart)

Gah I wish I could remember more.  Jen, Jan, Ashley, Ashlynn???  Anyone?????  Cora????  Please let me k now if you remember anything really funny my kids have said.  Post.


3 comments:

Jena said...

Very cute. Your kids rock.

Laus said...

1. Awwww!
2. Yes it does fly by.
3. Danni will ALWAYS need her mother (so do boys, but I think girls especially).

Anonymous said...

There's nothing better than being open and honest - respectful, of course, it's God's most precious gift to procreate - I've been accused too many times of telling my kids too much. Well, they're almost all adults now and they are VERY grateful for proper, respectful information - not just about sex, about life, relationships, challenges, weaknesses, triumphs!

They have a whole lot going on in those bright little minds - you'd be a fool to think otherwise! So, share it! Enjoy the journey together! Yup, that's my soap box for today :)

Oh the pains I could have been spared if my parents had 'told me too much'!
Good for you :)