
So I am sitting here at 10:30 at night thinking. I know a very dangerous past time for me. But I have many thoughts running through my tiny brain and here are some thoughts. If you would be so kind in leaving a message to help me with these thoughts it would be welcomed.
So here they are. *warning some may be werid.
1. Why is it that men cannot be happy with what they have? I dont mean just men but people as a whole. I mean, I sit here and I think of all of the things I have to endure. Yes it might seem easy to others and to others it might not be. Like say........... You are 30 (a good age for anyone. I will be next year) and you are married but not able to have children. Now I can see some people having a hissy fit and cursing God.
But Why? Why do people do this? I know that I will have trials that are made for me. I know that the things we all go through are made for us. WE chose those things. Why do we have to be mad at God? If we have the gospel this is something we grasp. Some of us who know these things but yet complain when someone says something that they have and they dont. (make sense)
OK for instance. I say to someone who has no children "Gah My kids are driving me crazy. They dont listen and they dont do what they are told?" Then said person who has no children to the person complaining " Well at least you have some." I get so aggravated with it. I seriously do. It bugs me to no end that they say this.
From my stand point is that we chose these things. We chose the trials we would endure to get back to our Heavenly Father. In the pre-mortal life we chose to have these things. Our minds then were closed off from his presence and we had forgotten. I dont know maybe I am just rambling on but that is how I feel. Why don't we all understand each others needs? I feel like so many of us are "selfish" in a sense that we dont care about how each other feel. We as a people do not have empathy.
Have we forgotten what we were taught. Now ok ...... I understand that those who do not have what others have do get mad when others complain about having the trials they "get" to go through. But that doesn't mean that we don't have a right to complain, or in better words getting empathy.
I think all of us have this need to want to be loved. To know that we have problems that people who dont have these problems to Help us. Does this make any sense. (LOL welcome to my random brain people)
Anyway I guess my point is .............. I think that if we all had empathy for each other that our own woes and our own trials wouldn't be so hard. *shrugs* I dunno. I for one am not God. I don't understand the human race. For Pete sakes I don't even understand my own thoughts or my own body. :D D&C 88: 67 And if your eye be asingle to my bglory, your whole bodies shall be filled with light, and there shall be no darkness in you; and that body which is filled with light ccomprehendeth all things.
Well I guess that is one thought that will leave me thinking for a while. I shall check back on this post tomorrow. As for now I gotta get some rest to KICK some Southern bootay at the gym.
6 comments:
I kinda broach this subject in my book that I just finished.
I have learned that no one can judge anyone, even if your hubbies do the same job, you attend the same ward, you have teh same number of children.
If we supress our strugglesin life we get physically sick and mentally depressed.
But I have also learned that everyone has their own burdens to carry and sometimes people are put in our path to remind us of what we do have and sometimes we are put in their path to remind them of what they do have.
Grass is never greener, but it is always interesting that those who want something the most are the ones who seem to be w/o... the women who want marriage and family so bad, seem to be the ones who are not experiencing that, those, like me, who wanted degrees and single-hood, have what they want, they have what I want, but I have also learned that marriage and family for me, are the only ways I could learn what the Lord needed me to learn.
whew....k, off my tangent. ;0)
I think a lot of people have lost empathy. Every time I watch the news or look it up online,I continue to be amazed and what people will do to each other. Especially those who hurt their own loved ones. Isn't there a scripture that mentions people losing empathy and becoming detached from feeling for others?
While I'm grateful for my blessings,there are some times I'm just need to vent my frustration. Does it mean I don't love my hubby and kids or that I'm not grateful for them? NOT AT ALL!
Good post Karla.
Wow! My random thoughts rarely get so deep. It's nice to read your post and be reminded of some of the important things in life.
I think we just have to be careful who we vent our frustrations to. I've learned that some people can get offended pretty easily. Especially if it's a tender subject for that person. Some people will completely empathize and some won't, that's how it is.
This post was interesting to read. You must be a very sensitive person. The best advice I have ever been given was from a speaker in church. She said that women must be careful because they affect the mood and feeling of their homes. She advised that we shouldn't complain to anyone. Not to our husbands. Not to our friends. Not in front of strangers. Not on facebook etc. We should instead take our frustrations and problems to the Lord in Prayer. That way, we can be healed and given patience and strength. I found it very useful but difficult to do at first. A woman with out children would find comfort in this as well as a woman with many children. You can apply it to any situation. I think it would also help us to have more empathy. Best of luck. Thank you for this post.
Hi, Karla. Our talk at the park made me curious so hopped on over just to read this post.
I don't really have any answers but I do feel caught in the middle. 2 great kids but wishing for more. You can call me to vent anytime and I promise to just listen and not make any guilt inducing remarks:)
Don't forget Card Night!! We have missed you!
xoMJ
Post a Comment