Friday, November 28, 2008

Sleepover

So my kids had their very first real true sleepover with kids around their age. Yesterday as we were all gettin ready to go. J and T kids and mine were the last ones to leave the Thanksgiving festivities. They were all so sad (the kids, not so the adults even though we love eachother time we had was fun enough, not that I was sick of them or ........ah never mind)
So we were the last ones there. The kids didn't want to stop playing and I was having a hard time with my side of the family. So I said "Hey J why not let your kids sleep over?" Then he and T looked at me and they said "Are you sure? I mean six kids is alot." I kinda laughed and said "Once you get over having four. After that number its like eh..... it'snot so hard."
Well the kids were all excited. Got in the cars and headed for home. Well we stopped by my mom and dads house for some Thanksgiving pie (ooooooooooooh I dont think I should have had. My tummy hurts!) So we get there they played with Lego's (which I am totally buying for my kids for Christmas. They loved it. Expecially when MR Bubba's and Lo's imaginations get together. I kinda wish I had my camera. They built a castle with a *draw bridge* and everything. It was so darling.
Then we headed home. We watched a movie and it got done about 9 pm. Then little bubba got nervous. It was his real first sleepover alone without his mom and dad he knew were only a few min away *34.5 min to be exact* and he wanted me to drive him home. I knew that he really wanted to stay too. So I texted J and waited to hear from him. Well while we waited I told some funny stories (thanks jen for the idea of just telling about them when they were little) and he seemed to calm down. Then he started up again. Finally J texted back and told me basically he is tired try to get them to sleep since it was past their bed time. So we did and that seemed to work.
Then little bubba asked me to read him some stories and then stay by him till he fell asleep. He didn't really want to sleep with the others so I did. I read him this book and in it a frog keeps saying "Braw...up." He would laugh so hard because I would do it slow and really loud. He said "K you say that just like a real frog. You are so funny." I smiled and smiled in my heart because I love nothing more than to have my nephews and nieces say that to me. Because Uhem there are two aunts (you know who you are) that are the Lights of all of their neices and nephews lives. NOT KIDDING, And its NOT FAIR ;).
Then after the book he slowly but surly went to sleep. I woke up in pain and have to wait for another 30 min to take another pain med. So I took some pictures. They are so sweet. Just a little out of focus but I didnt want to wake them with a flash. SO this is the best I could do. Love ya all.





6 comments:

Corilee said...

Sounds like you handled that well. You really are a trouper for having that many all at once. I know what you mean by having a few more than 4 but still when they are not your own it can make a difference.

Lublubs,
Mither

Anonymous said...

Oh yay! Cousin sleepovers are the best! :)

Stacey said...

Aww,how fun for them!

Just don't mention it to Josh,I'll never hear the end of it. ;)

alisonwonderland said...

i love the times my kids get to spend with their cousins! so fun!

Jenn said...

Sounds like fun! I'm glad the telling stories of when they were young worked. And, sorry about the favorite aunt thing, but I think it's just because we never got to have our own--who else do we have to spoil? :) Thanks for sharing your kids!

ems said...

Super fun! I'm glad it went so well and the kids had such a good time. What a great aunt you are to take more kids!