Sunday, September 28, 2008

Women Conference Quotes & My own thoughts (really really really LONG)


Sister Beck: " The Lord knew of all the horrible things so he had the meek and simple people to teach." I loved that because of all the people in the world that could help. IT is us. The simple people who dont have the wonderful blessings of the world to make us well known. To teach them. Did you know that most every time there is a really bad earth quake, torrnado, flood, ect.... Our church, Our labors are the first to arrive. And we are never really mentioned in the news. I feel so blessed to know that we are doing the lords work the way that he would have done on earth.
I could never see it if Christ was here now. And he was doing what he did back then for him to be so forward and saying to the camera "Yeah I healed that man. I am so awesome. I am THE MAN"

I also like the three responsibilities we have
1. Increase Faith and Personal Righteousness
2. Strengthen Home and Families.
3. Serve the lord and his Children.

Her mother told her before she left on something (I was writting missed where she was going) And Sis Beck asked "What if you dont come back. What if I dont see you again."
her mother said this
"If I never come back, if this is the last time I ever see you. Tie yourself to the Relief society."

I also apply my RS blessings and calling as a RS sister to my own families. I personaly try to live the RS "creed" Faith Hope and Charity.

Sister Allred:

I want to say I think this woman is AMAZING! She has taken our language and has soared with new wings. She is the cutest woman on the board with her sweet spirit and her wonderfulness of the gospel. Her simplicity fills my heart with a desire to help all those who do not have the gospel to receive it.

NOw with her quotes put into my view.

We make a convanent to God. All of these are promises which in turns ensures blessings. Learning these blessings will let us have a better understanding of those covenents and with that we will learn more about the temple and the things it can do for us.

I cannot wait for the new Draper temple to open. I am hoping to get tickets to go and take my kids through the open house. I think it would be the coolest thing ever to have them do this.

As I was talking to people like I said in the last post I wish I had a better way of explaining to them about the temple and it was amazing because she said the things I wish I could have said.

Peraphrased
"We have a personal cleanliness. We are to ensure our cleanliness by going to the bishiop and receiving our recomends." It was just BLING the light went off in my head. I wish I could have found them and told them what she had just said.


Sister Thompson:
(she is so cute. I just want to go up and hug her)

Paraphrased again.
" RS is evidance of the lords love of others. We are to assist the brethern in this church to help find those who need assistance to help the needy to comfort those and to morn with those who morn."

"Teach one another the gospel." I loved when she said this
I also loved it when she said "Joseph Smith gave us a *KEY*" I was baffeled at this remark. I was like WHAT a KEY when???? I wanted to go to my SIL who thinks this church is bull and that its full of shovinistic pigs. That HEY we have a part we have a HUGE part in this church.

I laughed when she quoted a story from Eliza Snow. There was a girl who was to speak and when she got up to speak she was so affraid that she didnt and just sat back down. When she sat back down Eliza told her "When you are asked to speak again please have something to say." I was laughing pretty hard. Because I know for some speaking to alot of people is hard. She also mentioned that she felt that way too. LOL what a CUTE CUTE woman.

She also said "We need to step u. Streangthen, be Bold and rightous. We need to testifu of Christ Rescue those who need rescuing and to build up the Kingdom of God one person at a time.
Angels cannot be restrained to assist you if you are doing these things.
We are blessed to have the Holy Scriptures and One another to help us on our way.
We can be extrodinary and a mighty force in this world. We will have Safety and Protection when we do these things.

AH I mean HELLO what can you not be excited about. Expecially the way this world is going. How can you NOT want to do these things. I want to go out right now and just be like "HI I am Karla I am a LDS and I want to help you any way I can to make sure that when he comes again I wont be BURNED." Sorry not like I would say it that way but it is the way I feel,

President Uchtdorf:
He first started with saying that he is so blessed by all the women in his life. He was blessed to be in the pressance of us women. I was thinking OK you always get to see the prophet what could be more cooler than that??????

We should be greatful for who we are. He said that men and women were like his wife and his cooking skills.
He said his wife will make beautiful and tasteful foods every night for dinner. She would be so concerned over the little things that were not of importance. Like too much ginger and to little of this. Maybe I will try this next time. And the whole time he is thinking to himself that all of this looks and taste wonderful (with his AWESOME accent)
He then says "I asked my Wife what meal I best prepare and she said..... Fried Eggs" LOL I was laughing. And he admited that he is not much of a cook but he feels so great when he accomplishes just that.
Men are less critical of themselves than woman are. We should be proud of who and what we are."

We should not feel overwhelmed. And when we do we should dive in and help those in need. We should not fear of having our souls damned. we should live by two imporant princaples Hope and JOY.
When you have that you have Gods kind of happiness and when we have that we will know that he loves us and that he would know best of us because he is our creator.

Dont compare yourselves with other womens creativities we should be happy with ourselves because we come from a creative God. And because of that we all have our own ways of being creative. We just need to see it and then take hold and run with it.

We as women provide the bodies of our children and we need to teach them to love and to respect themselves. If we cannot do that to ourselves then how can we teach them.

Reach out and serve. Sacrifice our time and efforts to those in need. Work to cure the grief you feel by serving others. DOnt indulge in worldly things to drown out your sadness.
Share sunshine to feel the sunshine in ourselves. Every woman has a place in lives of others.

Have these things to ensure happiness
~ Have a loving and caring heart.
~ Emulate the Savior
~ Don't compete or compare with others
~ Listen, lift and help others
~ Teach the docterian
With this we will awnser numberless prayers that are heard by our savior. He will allow us to be instuments for him. Let us be that.

Discouragement will all but disapate happiness. HAPPINESS is our HERITAGE.

WALK TALL We are Daughters of our Heavenly Father.



Now with all of this I want to say I hope and pray that I can be this way. I also hope that when the time comes that I will allow those to be his hands to help and lift me as I stumble and fall. I want to be the person he comes to and hands me someone and trust me to help them along the way.
I love my family and my friends. WOW this seems like a testimony so I guess with that I will say
In the Name of Jesus Christ Amen.

3 comments:

Flee said...

It was a great conference, wasn't it? I don't know who my fave was, maybe Pres. Uchtdorf. He was great!

ems said...

I loved the conference too!! I'm right there with you, I hope I can be this way also. Loved your testimony!

Corilee said...

we're trying to see if commenting works!