Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Adoption

Now I am not the one adopting.....Even though its tempting. I am so baby hungry its so hard seeing all these newborns and not having one in my home. We made the decision a while back to not have anymore. It wasnt just a simple one either. I wanted more but felt for my health that it was time. So we thought, prayed and felt that it was right. Then the hardest thing in my whole life was to listen and do what we were told to do. I was devistated but knew it was the right thing.

Well why am I posting this subject?

Well my cousin and her DH were finally able to get a child. I am so happy for them. They have been so good and so patient with getting one. I feel privileged to be a part of this process. As they were able to be there for the first seconds of life. To be able to find a person who is willing to carry a baby, love and take care of the baby for nine months then give this wonderful gift to them. What a joy it is to know that people have the love for the child to give it a home that it will have two loving parents in.

They already have a knack for parenting and loving. They have three nephews and one beautiful niece. They are the sweetest people on this planet. So please pray for them and if you know someone who is stuggling with trying to decided if to do this or not. Let them know that its a good thing and to pray and think about it. Even if they are not of the LDS faith. God is always there for everyone. Even if they feel like they have failed. In Gods eyes they are still his children and he will be there to provide a path for them and the child.

Now I am not trying to be preachy or anything like that. I just am so happy for them and I want more people to feel that joy that they are able to feel today.

If you have someone that does have this decision to make have them look at this site to see if it is something that they would be willing to do.

http://www.providentliving.org/content/display/0,11666,7249-1-3892-1,00.html

No comments: