Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Tasty Tuesday

Hi so here is a thing I am going to start. I will post a new recipe every Tuesday. You will leave one too. :D good times. YAY for new recipes.

Quick Chicken a la King
From: Campbell's Kitchen
Prep/Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4


Ingredients:

1 tbsp. margarine OR butter
1/4 cup chopped green pepper OR red pepper
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken OR ham
4 cups hot cooked rice

Directions:

HEAT margarine in saucepan. Add pepper and cook until tender.

ADD soup, milk and chicken. Heat through, stirring occasionally. Serve over rice.

TIP: For 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken, in medium saucepan over medium heat, in 4 cups boiling water, cook 3/4 lb. boneless chicken breasts or thighs, cubed, 5 min. or until chicken is done.
Go to http://www.campbellkitchen.com/ For more easy and fun recipes. I love it!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I have no exact measurements for this recipe, it's just a kind of to taste thing. But Josh LOVES it and calls it chicken w/pizza rice.

In a glass casserole dish or cake pan put boneless skinless chicken (breasts, strips, whatever you like), minute rice, water (not as much as you would use to make the rice alone, but close), condensed tomato soup (don't add the water like if you're making soup, the water you put in for the rice is all you need). Sometimes I use one can, sometimes two, depends on how much chicken we're using. Sprinkle the whole thing with powdered parmesean cheese, onion salt (or use real onions chopped), garlic salt, oregano, basil...optional to add green peppers, but I like it with those (chopped). Stir the mixture up before cooking. Cover the whole thing with foil and bake at 350 until chicken is cooked through. You may want to stop and stir it once while cooking. When you take it out of the oven sprinkle with mozzerella cheese.