Monday, October 1, 2007

My "Mom"


This woman is not really my mom, hence the qoute marks, but I would be glad to call and claim her as my own mom. She is AMAZING.
She is a survivor of breast cancer. She is one person who has shown me that optimistic people are the ones who over come anything that ails them. Now if I could read her mind right now I bet she would be saying to every woman and to every man too. Make sure you or your wife get a mammogram dont wait dont think it couldnt happen to you. So get your tushy out there and do it.
To many people think "this can't happen to me." or "I dont have any reason to worry because there is no one in my family that has this." Well listen up peeps. It can and will happen to someone if not you in your life that is dear to you. Make sure you do get yearly check ups and dont feel stupid. I at 25 thought I found a lump. Luckly it wasnt anything but mass that was built up over time. I went in feeling that I was paranoid and that I shouldnt be there. That the Dr's would just laugh at me and say "you really shouldnt be here because you are too young." but the Dr.'s didnt think I was some nut case. They treated as if I did have some reason to be there. Dont ever second guess and not do it. Life is to short to make a mistake like that.
I say this with love and care. Go out and getter done.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I'm so glad my mom is still here so my kids can enjoy their grandma.

Natalie said...

My grandma and her twin are both breast cancer survivors. It's a cause near and dear to my heart.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I had a hard time typing this comment while giving myself a self exam...